The Kindergarten Experience For Mommy & Hezekiah -- Spiritual Lesson

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 5:24 PM

What a milestone we have come to this 13th, day of August 2009, Hezekiah's 1st, day of Kindergarten. The emotions of allowing him to go to Kindergarten, seeing him all dressed with his backpack and uniform just makes me proud, giddy, and weepy all at the same time. It boggles my mind the immense love that I have for my child. I often think about God and His amazing love for us and just wonder how it must have felt for Him to be separated from His Son, Jesus. And also for those He has created, us to be separated from Him because of our sin. Now, I know Hezekiah is only at school 6 hours of the day. Six hours that we are separated . . . . but man he is just my little buddy. When I think of him there are just so many precious memories from birth 'til now that billow forth into my mind that make me smile and make me just want to kiss his little soft forehead. I miss my little man. So how much does it break our Father's heart when Jesus on the cross took upon our sin, He was separated from Jesus at that point because our Father cannot even look upon our sin. How beautiful that our Lord sent Jesus so that through Him we may be ONE with Christ and no longer be separated from Him. Oh, how I know how much my heart wells up for my little one going to Kindergarten and how much love I have for him. It amazes me more that My God loves my little tyke even more than me and is his Protector, his Guide, and his Shield. A part of me wants to keep him to myself. I wonder if God wanted to keep Jesus to Himself. (Of course not, His plan was much bigger!) I am thankful God has given me the strength today to let my little boy walk through those doors of his Kindergarten classroom. I am a proud mommy today, but yes a bit weepy. How amazing it was to be the first mommy in line today to pick up my baby and hug him and say, "Now, we are going home baby." When we arrive in heaven I can just picture God embracing us with His almighty love and welcoming us home. Oh, how I can learn from God about His amazing love.

Ephesians 3:14-18: For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and the depth and height – to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 

So, I asked Hezekiah how he liked school and he said he got to listen to African music and it was like Madagascar. He listened to it while he laid on a carpet (quiet time). He also said he got to play with some candy puzzles, fire engine puzzles, and tools with screw drivers. He told me they read a book and that he did not get to finish his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He also said they got to play outside and there was a yellow slide and some rings. He told me he made two new friends, but does not remember their names. After we got home though he had a bit of a meltdown telling me he did not want to eat lunch at school because he did not get to watch a show. (I let the boys watch a cartoon at lunch). I informed him that Eli did not get to watch a show today either, and that seemed to make everything fine. All in all I think he did fine. Mommy, me, well I am still thinking 6 hours is a bit too long. Therefore, I had a little extra cuddle and hug time with my little man. Oh, Kindergarten what do you have in store?



Comments:

There are 0 comments for The Kindergarten Experience For Mommy & Hezekiah -- Spiritual Lesson