Blueberry Scones & Cream

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Monday, August 10, 2009 at 6:33 PM

































































We have been wanting scones and cream for awhile so yesterday we got our ingredients to make our blueberry scones & cream! The boys and I had a good time, but it did take a bit longer than I had anticipated. It took us probably a good hour from start to finish (including baking time). Page arrived home just in time to eat a scone right out of the oven so we had a scone party. It took a bit longer for our scones because we did make a streusel topping and we also had to make the cream. However, the cream I made I did not like. Page made another one later this evening and it was awesome. Anyhow the recipe for these wonderful scones is from joyofbaking.com (blueberry streusel scones) and there is another recipe I found that I am wanting to make which is Lemon Blueberry bread again on the same website. I could not get my scones into a triangle shape so instead we made biscuit shapes. I did find this nice scone pan in Palm Bay this past weekend though while Page and I were on a date, but I was not going to pay $35 for it. Maybe a prize for the future. The recipe for the Devonshire cream for scones was found by Page. I made another one it had rum extract and I think I put too much in it, I did not like it. But the cream is 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar (or more), and 3/4 cup of sour cream. Whip the cream until you have soft peaks, add powdered sugar and whip more, and then add sour cream and beat until fluffy. Happy scone eating!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Blueberry Scones & Cream