Life Unedited -- Foodies

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM

So for 3 weeks now I have been on a battle against unwanted adipose tissue aka fat tissue.  I have been measuring my foods/portions and allowing only one sugary drink/day.  I am trying to stay under 1500 calories per day.  I have been fixated on the verse Matthew 4:4, Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

It is a battle for me because goodness I really do like peanut butter M&M's, seriously I like them a lot.  But I only allot a serving -- which is 1/4 a cup which equals 240 calories.  I wish I was kidding.  And to waste my "calories" 240 on M&M's probably is not a good idea anyhow when I could have something better, like fruit huh? 

The battle is difficult at times.  Probably one of the hardest things I have ever done.  When I was in high school one summer my swim coach told us how much sugar was in a can of soda, that really half the can was sugar and told us to stay away from sugary drinks.  So I did for the longest time.  I would only drink tea and water.  Somewhere along the way I started drinking Coca-Cola again and well that one is not as bad to give up.  But really some things just taste better with Coca-Cola! Don't you agree?

I honestly think exercising is easier than trying to watch what you eat.  I love swimming it is super easy for me to swim miles.  I have been running the past couple weeks and I really do not like running, but I ran a mile last week and this past week, and I am getting in the groove of it.  On Tuesdays I walk 4-5 miles, 2 in the morning and then usually 2-3 in the afternoon.  I really want to do the Health First Triathalon this year by myself as compared to doing it with a team last year.  So my battle is on.....

I am looking for more verses to assist me.  I think like most things the battle is in the mind.  If you have any that you would like to share.  I will memorize them and write them and post them on my wall. 

Comments:

There are 2 comments for Life Unedited -- Foodies