Life Unedited - Belonging

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Friday, May 7, 2010 at 10:06 AM

We, Page and I have been married for 14 years this coming Winter, December 21st. I love him more today than I did when we met and thankfully God has blessed us with a loving friendship in our precious marriage. I know one thing I belong to him and I belong to God. Sometimes I struggle with belonging but knowing these two things helps me stay grounded (sometimes!)??? Do you know what I mean?

I think God placed us far away from family so that when the tough times came, and they have come -- believe me, that we would turn to Him and then to each other and not some other family member or friend for support (even though I fully believe that having others support you is WONDERFUL, they are just not a replacement for the real thing).  It just helped us deal with issues and be real rather than stuffing them under the rug or down deep inside.  I have been blessed tremendously and God has been protecting us and I am thankful for His loving provision. I continually pray for His faithful protection and pray against the enemy's attacks.

But belonging to groups probably is not my thing. Something that I think I have identified with for all my life is that I do not belong to groups, groups of friends, groups of interests, etc. I have always had friends of different sorts, not all of one "species" if you might say. I usually identify with people maybe not so much like me, but then again some like me but they definitely do not all have to look the same, act the same, or have my same set of beliefs. Maybe that is why I am not a groupie nor belong to one. Is that a good thing? Yes, sometimes it is, but honestly other times it is disheartening and the enemy tries to make me feel less than what God has created me to be. It makes me sad to not even be invited, but then I think maybe that is a good thing, because if I was identified as a groupie then that may inhibit me from reaching out to others. Who knows? It might be because I am opinionated too? But that is part of my being and how God created me whether you love me or hate me for it.

So to be a groupie or not to be? Not really a question for me. I know what I am apart of and I am apart of God's family, I am a member of the Phelps' family, and I love my life despite not being in a group -- whatever that group may consist of. But if it does consist of a group for Peanut butter M&M's fans -- I might reconsider.


Are you a groupie or not?

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Life Unedited - Belonging