A Peek at Christmas Morning

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Two of three kids were awake at 3 a.m. this morning.  I quietly shut my door and put a blanket at the foot of my door to keep the noise at a minimum and to keep any light out that might shine through.  I also turned the fan up a notch to minimize the noise.  I did not say a word to them, because I knew it was probably my doing.  I had been sharing with my kids that when I was little I would sneak out of my room to see if Santa had come and when I would find the stockings full I would empty my stocking, go through it, and then nicely stash everything back into my stocking to go back through it again later.   That is how I would pass my time til zero hours! 

Then there was noise again at 4 a.m.  I nudged the one snuggled up beside me and said, "They've been up since 3."  My beloved went and nicely told children to wait until 6 a.m.  Promptly at 6 a.m. feet pitter-pattered into my room, kisses were planted on my cheek and excited little voices said that Santa had come to our home!  Which is a bit surprising to me! 

Needless to say, there was much joy! 
 










What a blessing it is to see those you love open presents that they enjoy!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for A Peek at Christmas Morning