Bottom of the Barrel Housekeeping

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Friday, June 17, 2011 at 6:04 PM

When it comes to being busy somethings start to slide.  Like laundry, washing dishes, tidying up in general, couponing (ha ha ha.......which no, I do not do - I mean I try, but wish secretly someone would do for me).   I kind of know when times are getting a bit tough.  It's when my daughter is wearing a black t-shirt that says "Mommy's 'lil Sweetie," with a trick-or-treat candy corn in the middle of summer.  Or when there are no more spoons in the silverware drawer to eat our morning yogurt or forks for waffles.  Or when the liquid soap dispensers are all out of soap at the same time.  Or when there is a thick layer of dust over all furniture.  Or when you make bath time the same as pool time.  Okay.....you get the idea!

Maybe these should be things on the slacker list or really I should say I am just busy (which is true).

But I know my housekeeping gets to be a bit  bottom of the barrel at times.  It's not like me, I mean seriously my favorite verse is Colossians 3:23-24, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,  since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."  And so, I appreciate that when others do things with all of their heart. 

Sometimes though I just have to accept my imperfection and house keep at the bottom of the barrel.  I guess as long as everyone knows they are loved, I am doing what I am suppose to! 



Comments:

There are 0 comments for Bottom of the Barrel Housekeeping