Blown Tire

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 7:24 AM

These were not our plans for Thursday, we had actually planned to go to Sea Creek Falls, but God had other plans.  Our tire popped right on the way out of the drive, near by our cabin.  We accidentally left behind our huge jack and tool to lower our spare tire.  Page looks at me and says, "I have nothing, we are just gonna have to see how God works this out."  We called AAA, but AAA decided they could not go across the 10 ton weight limit bridge and when I called back to see if the garage that AAA used locally could come and just help us with a heavy duty jack the guy told me he was the only one in his garage and could not help us.  So, I called Ford dealerships there in Blue Ridge, in Ellijay, etc. to see if anyone had the tool to lower the spare so someone could pick it up for us maybe or if anyone was able to help.  One guy would give me a name of so and so and I would call them and they would give me the name of another so and so until we got a hold of Car Crafters of Blue Ridge who do body work on cars.  The guy told me, "I think we have the tool to lower your spare, and we have a heavy duty jack."  In the meantime, my friend from college was texting me saying she was near by and could lend a hand.  They were on their way back from their vacation to Colorado.  So they stopped in to assist and the use of her vehicle came in super handy (since we we did not have any other source of transportation out in the middle of nowhere).  Car Crafters came helped jack up the truck, then they propped the truck up on some wood from a nearby construction site, Page had already ordered a new tire just in case and it was on its way to Williams Tire of Blue Ridge from Ellijay.  And since Lacey was there, he used her car to take the tire to get fixed, get  a new jack for us since the nice guy from Car Crafters went on his way, and replace the tire.  And thankfully the rim of the wheel was not even bent in the whole ordeal.  In the meantime, the kids were having a blast with their Keigley friends.  I am glad Lacey listened to her dad's words that morning to come our direction.  God ordained appointments are even better than the plans that we have, because His ways are not our ways, and His plans, are not our plans.  “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”declares the Lord.  Isaiah 55:8










Comments:

There are 0 comments for Blown Tire