No good deed goes unpunished

Posted by Unknown | | Posted On Monday, March 30, 2009 at 11:13 AM

The flashlights! The other night while we were on our date I decided to
get the boys these cool, very inexpensive Buzz Light Year flashlights.
They are super neat, you put these caps with images on the end and then
when you are in a dark room you can shine them on the wall and the
shadows of the images show up. So anyhow........to get on with the
story. On Friday I had taken the boys & Maggie Beth to Pump it Up and
there at Pump it up they have the insane 25 cent "Toy/Junk dispensers."
(At least that is what I will kindly call them..........you know all the
assorted color bouncy balls, Tattoo's, and now ALIENS). So, I am
excited about our day at Pump it Up, it is a special treat since it
costs $7/child to go and the boys bounced so much and went down the
slide so much that they even took naps that
afternoon............anyhow..........but when we are about to leave
Hezekiah is like insane about these Aliens in this dispenser.........so
Eli gets on the bandwagon too. So, I say to them, "If we have 2
quarters in the car then we can come back and get them........if we DO
NOT have quarters then we will not get them." So we take the LONG WALK
to the Envoy.........where I dig through my console looking for
quarters............to no avail there are NO.........quarters for
Aliens. So I have to deliver the bad news to the adamant boys that
there will be no Aliens today. So what happens? All ballisticness (I
know that is not a word........but we will use it instead of another
word here...) breaks loose. Hezekiah throws up his hands like he is
Frankenstein and squints his eyes and starts to pretend cry/real cry and
Eli seeing his older brother acting in such a way that is disgusting to
me that he decides to act the same way. I was so livid..........I was
just like, "You would think a 5 and 3 year old would appreciate the
measures that their mother went to today to give them a fun day at Pump
it Up and that they would appreciate Maggie Beth not taking her nap so
they could have a fun time..........but NO, they are throwing a royal
fit about some 25 cent junk Aliens.............not even one Thank you
mommy for taking us to Pump it Up, it was so much fun...........so I let
them know in no uncertain terms know how disappointed I was in their
behavior...............so no good deed goes unpunished.
So why did I start with the flashlights? Well, this good deed as well
did not go without punishment too...........since Mrs. Bolick gave
Hezekiah some glow in the dark stickers for his room the boys have had
so much fun looking at their glow in the dark stars at night that we
even have to turn off the night light. So, I thought oh, this will be
so much fun with their little flashlights at night. I truly must live
in a dream world b/c those boys had way too much fun! What was I
thinking I ask myself??? Well, I did allow a bit of fun of
course.........but we had to put an end to it after awhile of hilarious
fun for two little boys who enjoy flashlights and anything that glows in
the dark. Oh my little boys.......live it up till Mommy takes all the
fun away! Live it up!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for No good deed goes unpunished